Rob is a husband and father of three amazing boys. Family is what ultimately fuels Rob’s passion to maintain and improve his community. He has his own small design and marketing business. He’s been active in the community for many years, providing his abilities as a designer where ever needed, as well as coaching kids and supporting our veterans.
Smiley believes in small government with fewer regulations that encourages the private sector to flourish. The government should exist to be fiscally responsible, ensure security for its citizens while protecting their rights, and being accessible and transparent.
Experienced and dedicated
Rob has worked with fellow city officials for policies that make for an efficient and cost-effective administration:
• passed municipal ordinances and budgets
• made appropriations
• worked to lower local tax rates
Rob will continue to always vote for the funds and support that our police need to keep our communities safe.
Looking Out for Taxpayers
Rob successfully worked to lower local tax rates in Wixom as well as for balanced budgets each year. He has been a consistent voice for wise spending of our tax dollars and living within our means.
Responding to Your Needs
Rob has made it a priority to be accessible and responsive to residents’ needs. He is always willing to resolve or help resolve residents’ concerns.
He will focus on Capital Improvement Planning – improve roads and infrastructure and look for solutions to our growing traffic problems.
Involved with his community
• Wixom City Councilman – 2015-present
• President – Walled Lake Central High School Football Boosters – 2021-present
• Director – Walled Lake Central High School Salute to Service Game – 2017-present
• Board of Directors – Commerce Chargers Youth Football – 2011-2019
• Coach – Commerce Chargers Youth Football – 2013-2019
• Board of Directors – Wixom Community Foundation – 2019-present
• Precinct Delegate – 2014-present
Thank you to the many wonderful leaders in our community for supporting Rob!
Oakland County Sheriff
State Representative, 39th District
State Senate, 2011-2018
Novi Mayor Pro-Tem
Novi City Council and former County Commissioner
State Senator, 15 District
Former State Representative
Walled Lake City Council
PAID FOR BY THE COMMITTEE TO ELECT ROBERT SMILEY | 2745 HILLCREST | WIXOM, MI 48393