What does a County Commissioner Do?
Powers & Responsibilities:
- Establish and formulate county policies
- Establish annual county property tax millage rate
- Adopt ordinances and rules
- Adopt annual county budget and long-range capital improvement program
- Adopt the county development plan
- Adopt and enforce rules establishing the authority, duties and responsibilities of county departments and offices
The Board operates under a committee system. There are four standing committees:
- Economic Development and Infrastructure Committee
- Finance Committee
- Legislative Affairs and Government Operations Committee
- Public Health and Safety Committee
These committees facilitate the many items of business for which the Board of Commissioners is responsible by reviewing information and making recommendations for consideration by the entire Board.